Re: [Pnet-developers] Success building pnet 0.6.12 on AIX 5.1, some run-

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] Success building pnet 0.6.12 on AIX 5.1, some run-time problems
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 09:03:55 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

> For the run-time libraries, I use all the pre-build
> binaries from the win32 package (can I assume it's a
> good idea ?)

Yes, you can use all the basic libs from the win32
package (except for OpenSystem.Platform.dll and
Xsharp.dll). I guess you need those only for GUI
stuff.

> applied to an int or double. It throws a
> System.OutOfMemoryException.

Try "ilrun -H 8192 -S 8192 <file>.exe"

That means 8Mb heap , 8 Mb stack (actually make
that 4096k stack if you want).

> What information could I find to debug that ?

Lack of a GC is a big problem actually --without-gc
doesn't give your a proper GC. A new GC will soon
appear, it's been stuck with me (to write the bitmap
generation for allocations) for quite a long time.

> hb_gc.c: In function `ILGCInit':
> hb_gc.c:286: error: `DATASTART' undeclared (first
> use in this function)
> I'm unable to find where those defines are declared.

libgc/include/private/gcconfig.h - needs to be
there for each platform.

> Christophe.

Gopal