[Pnet-developers] Bugfix (?) in Xsharp/DoubleBuffer.cs

From: Marc Haisenko
Subject: [Pnet-developers] Bugfix (?) in Xsharp/DoubleBuffer.cs
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 18:42:40 +0100

Hi folks,
just wanted to let you know I've just committed a small patch to
Xsharp/DoubleBuffer.cs.

Until now, DoubleBuffer.ClearAtStart only cleared the background when Xdbe (X
DoubleBuffer Extension) was not in use. Now we clear the background either
when Xdbe is not in use OR when it is in use but the background is empty.

This fixes yet another bug we're seeing in the Trumpf prototype that I'm
unfortunately not able to reproduce with test applications... this bug looked
like this: in the prototype is a list with complex compound widgets. They
have a transparent TcLabel (Trumpf implementation of a label, effectively
derived from a SWF.Control) on the left. The background of this compound
widget is dark blue. When it gets the focus the background gets yellow.

The bug we were seeing is a bit hard to describe, it looked like this: the
compound widget received the focus and turned yellow, but the TcLabel stayed
blue. Now when you click on the next compound widget and it gets the focus
and turns yellow, the TcLabel of the first compound widget went yellow while
the one of the currently focused one still is blue. This means the TcLabel
was always "one behind" when focusing. Hiding and unhiding the window makes
the compound widget render correctly. So does turning off
ControlStyle.DoubleBuffer for the TcLabel... This bug is also appearing with
another Trumpf control with transparent background (an image button) in this
compound widget.

I guess this patch doesn't break anything but I'm not sure whether it is the
"best" way to fix the bug but it seems to work ;-)

C'ya,
        Marc

--
Marc Haisenko