[Pnet-developers] Outstanding issues for pnet-0.7.2

From: Rainer Größlinger
Subject: [Pnet-developers] Outstanding issues for pnet-0.7.2
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 19:06:34 +0200

Hello,

because of Klaus' work on libffi and libgc, both have been updated in
pnet cvs (among some other minor fixes). Very fine!

Is there anything left to do for 0.7.2 besides looking at the
build/platform fixes used in Debian? (I took a quick look at their
[rather huge, but that's because some build files are replaced entirely]
diffs and it seems like most problems might have been solved
automatically by the new libffi and new libgc and the other problems
seem to be related to the build files in our releases being generated by
a rather old toolchain (many files in the .deb seem to be just a re-run
of the auto* things etc. to make them more "compliant" on different
platforms), so we might think about using a more recent environment to
package the release? (Or am I wrong here?)

Will the release be on 6th August, then?

Rainer