[Pnet-developers] Question on pnetC on Windows.

From: Sang-Min Park
Subject: [Pnet-developers] Question on pnetC on Windows.
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 01:44:14 -0400

Hi all,

I am a graduate student working on the area of scientific appilcations.
I was very excited to see there is a "C" compiler targeting for CLR.
Compiling and running "hello world" program on linux was fine.

I want to ask some questions:

1. Can I compille C code into IL and run it on Windows .NET CLR?
    I could run the C# program but cannot run C hello world. I guess I have
    install some libraries, but don't know the procedure and cannot find any
informations.

2. To what extent, cscc compiles some big "C" program into IL?
    Can I compile arbitrary big C programs into IL? Isn't there any
limitations?

Thank you,

Sang-Min Park
Department of Computer Science
Schol of Engineering and Applied Sciences
University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
235 Olsson Hall
434-825-7295 (Private cell phone)
address@hidden
www.cs.virginia.edu/~sp2kn