Re: [Pnet-developers] Visibility modifiers from ILMethod*?

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] Visibility modifiers from ILMethod*?
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 09:20:21 +0530

Petter Haggholm wrote:
Quick question: I'm hacking on Portable.NET for a course project and need to extract miscellaneous information given an ILMethod*;

Interesting ...

wondering, is there any way I can find, given an ILMethod*, that method's visibility modifier -- e.g. public, private ...? For that matter -- is it /available?/

#define ILMethod_IsPublic(method)   \
    ((ILMemberGetAttrs((ILMember *)(method)) & \
                IL_META_METHODDEF_MEMBER_ACCESS_MASK) \
                    == IL_META_METHODDEF_PUBLIC)

From il_program.h:1191

while I've been able to find most of the information I need through e.g. ILMember and similar classes, this one thing eludes me (and grepping the source directory for e.g. "private" gives far too many results to be useful).

cscope rules. And a good approach is to figure out how ildasm gets
this data. pnet/dumpasm/ is basically where all that lives.

All that code sort of implements inheritance where a pointer is a
ILProgramItem, ILMember and ILMethod all in once. Casts all over
the place - it becomes slightly hard to start off with :)

Cheers,
Gopal
--
Make sure every module hides something.
            - The Elements of Programming Style (Kernighan & Plaugher)