Re: [Pnet-developers] libjit licensing

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] libjit licensing
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 14:48:22 +1000

On Friday 04 January 2008 04:47, Aleksey Demakov wrote:

> So I would like to relicense libjit under LGPL v2 for the 0.1.2 release
> As far as I remember the last time we discussed it all the major
> contributors has already agreed on LGPL v2. Are there any abjections
> to this now?

You have my permission to change the Southern Storm Software, Pty Ltd
Copyright from GPL to LGPL v2.

> I think it would be more appropriate to talk about "LGPL v2.1 or later" for
> the library itself and to retain "GPL v2 or later" for the accompanying
> binaries.

I would probably prefer LGPL for all of it, just in case someone wanted to
move some of the binary code into the common library at some point in the
future.  The L in LGPL means "Lesser", not "Library", and can just as easily
apply to things that are not (as yet) libraries.  Having one license for the
entire code tree will make it easier.

Cheers,

Rhys.