dr-geo

[Dr-geo] Latest gtkmm?

From: Gurjot Singh
Subject: [Dr-geo] Latest gtkmm?
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2014 20:04:32 +0530

Hi

I was creating menus for the application when I came across this
dependency issues because of different library versions of libglibmm.

So I was wondering what should we go with?
#1: Latest libraries- This will force the user of drgeo to have the
latest lib as well.
#2: Stick with the current ones(that we find in our distros) and user
need not worry about the latest lib.

If we go with #1, we(developers) need not worry about using the deprecated code.
And if we go with #2, then we can make the software work with the
current libs but the code will be deprecated soon(maybe in a year or
two).

Need guidance before I proceed further.

--
Gurjot Singh
Blog: http://bhattigurjot.wordpress.com

"You gotta get hurt 'cause that's how you'll learn, You gotta try your
hardest no matter how much you'll burn." ~ Scott Singh