dr-geo

[Dr-geo] Starting with Kernel

From: Gurjot Singh Bhatti
Subject: [Dr-geo] Starting with Kernel
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2014 22:14:09 +0530

Hi Dr. Rai,

Like I discussed previously with you, I have made gui that'd be able
to draw the entities, so far only points are drawn on the drawingArea.
The other entities like line, segment, circle, etc will be drawn not
like the regular CAD software but more as a 'point-related-entity'.
For eg. a line segment will be drawn between two points, that the user
must draw beforehand.

So to do this sort of work I am trying to split the code for storage
and processing stuff into a 'Kernel' part.
And right now I am working on storage of the points drawn.
How should we store these points in the memory? In an array, vector or
map container?

After having these points stored in the memory, we can iterate to
check whether there is a point under our mouse when trying to draw
other entities.
This would be the general algorithm in my opinion.

Regards
--
Gurjot Singh Bhatti
Blog: http://bhattigurjot.wordpress.com

"It takes a person who is wide awake to make his dream come true." ~
Roger Babson