dr-geo

Re: [Dr. Geo] Building the DrGeo IDE on a Mac fails due to missing Gette

From: Hilaire Fernandes
Subject: Re: [Dr. Geo] Building the DrGeo IDE on a Mac fails due to missing Gettext
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2024 22:53:31 +0100

Hi Oscar,

Indeed there is an unexpected package compatibility. It should be fixed upstream (Cuis-Smalltalk).

My message to the Cuis community:

Hi folks,

It seems we have compatibilities issue with the SqueakCompatibility package, only found in Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev, with the stable release 6.2.

When installed on a 6.2 release, it freezes the image, and eventually eat all the RAM of the host, in Linux, then it freezes the host too.

I suggest more packages should be shipped with the stable release, including Gettext ans System-locales.

As for now, I can't install anymore DrGeo on Cuis6.2

Thanks

Hilaire