Re: [Duplicity-talk] Problem with "wb" mode on a FAT32 partition

From: Travis H.
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Problem with "wb" mode on a FAT32 partition
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 06:21:48 -0500

On Sat, Apr 07, 2007 at 03:23:44PM +0200, Marcin Zaj?czkowski wrote:
> I tried to use Duplicity to backup my profiles, but I have problem
> probably related with a type of partition (FAT32). Duplicity is unable
> to create any file (IOError: invalid mode: wb).

Hrml.... that's an ANSI mode IIRC... "write binary"... odd.

Can you use normal utilities to write to it?

If so, try removing the "b" so it's just "w"... that _might_ work.

Check the "open" command in the python docs (the online docs are quite good)
and see what it says about "wb".

--
Kill dash nine, and its no more CPU time, kill dash nine, and that
process is mine. -><- <URL:http://www.subspacefield.org/~travis/>