[Duplicity-talk] Duplicity for backups - daily - weekly - monthly

From: Richard Houston
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity for backups - daily - weekly - monthly
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 13:22:29 -0500 (CDT)

Hey all,

I could use some input so that I have this straight in my head.

I want to use Duplicity for my backup software were we are using USB
disks for storage.

I plan on having the following disks:

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Week1 and Week2 (week1 would have the Friday backup from the first and
3rd Friday of the month, Week2 would have the Fridays of the 2nd and 4th
Fridays of the month.)
Monthly - this would be a monthly  backup and

Now I was thinking that the monthly would be incremental till the end the
year. So we would have all the data from the year on the Monthly disks.
Now I am not sure how the best way to handle the daily and monthly
backups.

The weekly and monthly allows use for snap shots in time and would be
full backups at the beginning of there respective months or weeks.

So I guess what I am asking is, is this all over kill and or is there a
better way? I am open to ideas, comments and suggestions.

Thanks all

Rich

Best regards,
-Richard Houston