Re: [Duplicity-talk] Redirect from duplicity sf site to nongnu site poss

From: Axel Beckert
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Redirect from duplicity sf site to nongnu site possible?
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 14:02:57 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 06:04:28AM -0500, Kenneth Loafman wrote:
> Axel Beckert wrote:
> > Just wanted to recommend someone duplicity and somehow had
> > http://duplicity.sf.net/ in my mind which gave an not very nice 404
> > which states, that the project exists, but the project's webfolder
> > vanished somehow. Took me while to remember that duplicity currently
> > is hosted at nongnu.org and not sf.net.
> >
> > Since I can imagine that this also happens other people, I would
> > suggest a redirect or refresh from http://duplicity.sourceforge.net/
> > to http://duplicity.nongnu.org/. Can anyone configure that?
>
> To my knowledge, duplicity has never been on sf.net.

Hrm. Looks as if the default SF 404 page suggests that a project
exists: http://hurzlipuh.sourceforge.net/. Only if I click on
"designated support resources", I get the message "The page you have
accessed claims to be hosted on a SourceForge.net project server, but
is not. Please correct broken links as needed." Sorry for the
confusion. I was confused myself. ;-)

> I am thinking of moving duplicity to SourceForge or Launchpad so we can
> have access to bzr or svn rather than cvs, but that is not firm, yet.

Yeah, CVS sucks. :)

                Regards, Axel
--
Axel Beckert - address@hidden, address@hidden - http://noone.org/abe/