[Duplicity-talk] Re: Centos 4.6 and Python 2.3

From: Eric B.
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Re: Centos 4.6 and Python 2.3
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 14:15:00 -0400

"Richard Houston" <address@hidden> wrote in message
news:address@hidden
> Hi all,
>
> Quick question. Is is possible to get Duplicity 0.4.10 to compile on
> Centos 4.6 (RHEL 4.6) which uses Python 2.3? I have 0.4.2 running fine
> from the rpmforge.org repos but would like to get up to 0.4.10 or should
> I be concerned about getting up to 0.4.10 at all? All we are doing is
> backing up to a local USB drive, no remote stuff at all but who knows in
> the future.

I don't know about that, but I tried for a while and gave up getting python
2.4 to install on RHEL4.  I finally managed (if memory serves) to get an
srpm compiled for an i386 machine, but when I tried getting it to work on a
x86_64 machine it was trying to link to all i386 dependencies instead of
x86_64 so I gave up.

Eric