Re: [Duplicity-talk] rsync TCP 873 with no ssh?

From: Timothee Besset
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] rsync TCP 873 with no ssh?
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 20:49:49 -0500

Timothee Besset wrote:
Kenneth Loafman wrote:
Timothee Besset wrote:
Hello,

What syntax should I use for duplicity to work directly with rsync on
TCP 873 rather than trying to pipe through ssh? Looks like it's always
trying to use ssh no matter what rsync:// I give it..

Ok I fixed it after looking at the source for a bit and trying a syntax with the module name:

rsync://@host::/module/path

TTimo

That's a setting in the system itself.  rsync uses ssh by default now in
most distro's.  I'm not sure how to change it.  Anyone?

...Ken

It doesn't use ssh by default in the shell though. RSYNC_RSH is not defined. I'm pretty sure nothing like that is in the duplicity environment, at least not added by me.

TTimo