Re: [Duplicity-talk] retries / time-out

From: Andrew Kohlsmith (lists)
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] retries / time-out
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 11:09:55 -0400

On June 9, 2008 10:57:03 am Dan Muresan wrote:
> Yeah, I used to do that too, but I need more now. But if you back up
> locally, why would you even use duplicity? If encryption is irrelevant,
> you could use rdiff-backup or rsnapshot or any of those.

Oh that's easy; I rsync the backup to a server that isn't local, and I don't
want to use program A for local, program B for remote.  :-)

> Apart from the (understandable) desire for a GUI: duplicity has the
> command line args to do this, right? E.g. restore -t 3D for three days
> ago. Or is there any issue with that?

Nope, for CLI it looks like duplicity itself has everything I'm looking for.
I have to play around a little to see if I can get "this file changed at this
time, and this time, and this time" type of logs out of the manifests.

-A.