Re: [Duplicity-talk] Re: gpg passphrase requested twice

From: Dan Muresan
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Re: gpg passphrase requested twice
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 14:36:54 +0300

> What version of duplicity are you running?

Had 0.4.10 from distro, but I upgraded to 0.4.11

> Duplicity does need the passphrase in the case where --encrypt-key is
> used and its not a 'full' backup.  It has to decrypt parts of the
> previous backup in order to do the incremental.

Yes, my first assessment was a bit rash, I admit. As I tried to modify
the code though, I learned more about the backup process, and the patch
I included in the third message (against 0.4.11) actually does the right
thing (as far as I can tell).

Best,
Dan