Re: [Duplicity-talk] duply shows sensitive data in process listing

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] duply shows sensitive data in process listing
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 11:29:43 +0100

cool hack, but still not 100 percent secure. I opt for URL_PASSWORD/URL_USERNAME (keeping FTP_PASSWORD for backward compatibility, but ftp only as documented) as a short term solution.

Regarding using configuration file I'd suggest a configuration per backend url so that different targets are possible. E.g.

duplicity /path1 ftp://myserver.de/backup1
duplicity /path2 ftp://myserver.de/backup2
duplicity /path3 sftp://myotherserver.de/backup3

--.duplicity_rc-->
[global]
attempts=25

# for all ftp://myserver.de/*
[ftp://myserver.de]
user=
pass=

# special settings for this backup
[ftp://myserver.de/backup]
asynchronous_transfer=yes

[sftp://myotherserver.de]
user=
pass=
<--

easier to implement would sure be a --profile .duplicity/mybackup.conf option.

.. niceness ede