[Duplicity-talk] RE: SELinux support?

From: Moray Henderson
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] RE: SELinux support?
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 12:27:04 +0100

Last week I wrote:
>I am just evaluating duplicity for our organisation's CentOS 5 servers.
>It looks very nice, except for one thing: on my test scp backup and
>restore, the SELinux attributes were not restored.
>
>Are the security contexts supported?  If not, are there plans to add
this
>soon?  Lack of SELinux support would be a show-stopper as far as we are
>concerned.

Alright, since there has been no reply, I'll do it the other way.

Attached is a patch which adds SELinux support to
duplicity-0.6.08b-1.el5 from EPEL.  It does nothing to the tar archive
itself, but if the libselinux-python library is installed and it detects
that SELinux is active, files restored by duplicity will be given the
contexts specified by the running policy.  If libselinux-python is not
available, everything works as before.

It also moves the helper functions in  tarfile.py to the top so that
tarfile.py works when called directly from command line.

Please let me know whether this is useful.

Moray.
"To err is human.  To purr, feline"