[Duplicity-talk] fix or avoid "Error accessing possibly locked file"

From: Tom Roche
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] fix or avoid "Error accessing possibly locked file"
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 22:07:53 -0400

I've been using duplicity pretty happily for a few months. My main
remaining problem is the errors

> Error accessing possibly locked file /home/me/.emacs.d/tlrDesktop.el
> Error accessing possibly locked file /home/me/.gnupg/random_seed
> Error accessing possibly locked file /home/me/thunderbird/profiles.ini

which I always get on those 3 (and only those 3) files, which seem
utterly unrelated to each other or to duplicity. How to fix or avoid
these errors? FWIW

* I close all user apps before running duplicity from a single
  gnome-terminal.

* I installed duplicity from the standard ubuntu repository:

$ duplicity --version
duplicity 0.5.18

* Underneath I'm running

$ lsb_release -ds
Ubuntu 9.10
$ uname -rv
2.6.31-22-generic #60-Ubuntu SMP Thu May 27 02:41:03 UTC 2010

Apologies if this is a FAQ, but a quick google found no answers, and
in fact showed a similar (and apparently unanswered) question from the
end of last year @

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.sysutils.backup.duplicity.general/3672

TIA, Tom Roche <address@hidden>