[Duplicity-talk] Python 3

From: Michael Terry
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Python 3
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 08:59:58 -0400

Hello!  I wanted to start a conversation about moving to Python 3.  I
know this is far in the future likely, but it might be interesting to
plan around it.

Currently duplicity only requires Python 2.4, which is 4 years older
than Python 3.0.  3.0 is about as old as 2.6, so maybe it would make
sense that when we are considering a jump to Python 2.6, we might as
well also consider Python 3?

Of course there are dependencies to wait on as well.  And the work has
to be done by someone.

It doesn't need to be all-at-once either, I believe.  We could update
to 2.6 or 2.7 and use a program like py2to3 to generate the 3.0 code
until we're comfortable making the full jump?

-mt