[Duplicity-talk] Basic support for glacier in bzr

From: Eric Friedrich
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Basic support for glacier in bzr
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 20:06:36 -0500

Hello all

I am a big fan and user of duplicity but have not contributed before. I'm very interested in using Amazon Glacier as my storage service but without the hassle of passing my data through S3.

I've committed very basic support for glacier to bazaar. Unfortunately glaciers retrieval times are slow and back end gets are serialized so the whole restore process can take a very long time.

I'd appreciate any suggestions to improve the diff, especially how to parallelize the gets.

Thanks,
Eric