Re: [Duplicity-talk] Restart from Last Full Backup

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Restart from Last Full Backup
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 16:25:03 -0600

That is indeed possible.  Just remember to do it on both the local and remote caches.  And be careful!

...Ken

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 12:34 PM, Alan Gutierrez <address@hidden> wrote:
Is it possible to restart from the last full backup?

I am new to Duplicity. My reasoning is as follows.

Imagine someone used to be a real shutterbug and has a "photos" directory that is very large. In the last year, they've learned to just enjoy the moment they've been given instead of trying to capture it, and they pull out their camera only rarely.

They have a full backup that is very large and takes a long time to get up to S3. Now a quarterly full backup to add a handful of photos to that full backup discourages running that full backup.

Is it possible and sensible to instead delete the increments back to that initial very large backup and do a quarterly incremental backup that starts from the very large backup?

--
Alan Gutierrez ~ @bigeasy