Re: [Duplicity-talk] BackendException: ssh connection to ... failed: EOF

From: paul
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] BackendException: ssh connection to ... failed: EOF when reading a line
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 15:47:25 +0000

On 2013-02-11 13:44, Sven wrote:

Here's the script run as root cronjob:

I explicitly set and export PATH and HOME at the start of my backup script as these may not be set correctly in the context of a cronjob. Eg. your .bashrc file may not have been sourced.

I'd say add the following, or equivalent for your system, to the start of your script and see if it helps:

PATH=/opt/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin
HOME=/root
export PATH HOME

Cheers,
Paul Barker