[Duplicity-talk] list-all-files command

From: Tristan Hill
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] list-all-files command
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 09:49:35 +0100

Hi,

I want to make a restore interface that allows browsing through the
backed up data, including different versions of files and deleted
files.

I'm thinking that I want duplicity to print a list of all versions of
files stored and when those files were deleted in an output similar to
list-current-files.  I can then parse this to create a view showing
the data.

To aid this I'm playing with adding a list-all-files command.  I've
made some initial changes on a branch,
https://code.launchpad.net/~stan/duplicity/list-all-files.

Currently I'm looking over all the signature chains and printing the
file objects in each.  However, I'm not really sure what's in the
signature chain.  For example, in the reasonable sized backup I'm
testing there are 4 entries for my vimrc:

Sun Mar 23 10:08:27 2014 home/stan/.vimrc
Sun Mar 23 10:08:27 2014 home/stan/.vimrc
Sun Mar 23 10:08:27 2014 home/stan/.vimrc
Sun Mar 23 10:08:27 2014 home/stan/.vimrc

Can anyone explain?

Thanks
Tristan