[Duplicity-talk] Issue with verify and S3

From: Roberto Bampi
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Issue with verify and S3
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 10:25:41 +0200

Hello,
I recently started using duplicity to back-up some machines on amazon s3.
The way I made it work was by using a cronjob to perform backups and a sensu client check to periodically verify if the backup was up-to-date.
This particular check called duplicity verify.

Yesterday I discovered I have over 100$ in transfer fees from S3 which is strange, given that I uploaded only about 10 gigabytes in this billing period.
Is it possible that verify is downloading all the data every time to check if the backup is up-to-date ? Has anything like this ever happened to anyone before?

I include this pastebin which shows the total usage of traffic: http://pastebin.com/SP2PEJk5
foobar is the backup bucket and the numbers are in gigabytes (except for bytesHour which has to be divided by 24 to get the actual usage).

Thank you,
Roberto