Re: [Duplicity-talk] ImportError: cannot import name _librsync

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] ImportError: cannot import name _librsync
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 04:57:15 -0500

Just don't mess with build.  Instead do this:

$ cd .../duplicity-sx/duplicity
$ ./compilec.py

That will build _librsync.so and not mess with anything else.

...Ken

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 4:19 AM, address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to re-create the development environment for Duplicity on
two different machines and I always get the same error when I try to
run duplicity.

I've installed all the requirements, checked the source code and finally I do:

python setup.py build

to build the libs. Everything run without any error. Then I do:

PYTHONPATH=. ./bin/duplicity

but I get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./bin/duplicity", line 41, in <module>
    from duplicity import collections
  File "/home/andrea/Documents/development/duplicity-sx/duplicity/collections.py",
line 32, in <module>
    from duplicity import path
  File "/home/andrea/Documents/development/duplicity-sx/duplicity/path.py",
line 38, in <module>
    from duplicity import librsync
  File "/home/andrea/Documents/development/duplicity-sx/duplicity/librsync.py",
line 29, in <module>
    from . import _librsync
ImportError: cannot import name _librsync

Infact _librsync is not under the source folder, nor in the /bin/
folder. The only _librsync I could find was this one:

build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.7/duplicity/_librsync.so

What am I doing wrong that duplicity can't see that lib? I remember
that even at home I was executing duplicity using this command:
PYTHONPATH=. ./bin/duplicity

So I don't understand why on these other two machines is not working.

Thank you so much for your help!

Cheers.

--
Andrea Grandi -  Software Engineer / Qt Ambassador / Nokia Developer Champion
website: http://www.andreagrandi.it