Re: [Duplicity-talk] Questions

From: wighawag
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Questions
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 12:15:53 +0000

Hi,

(sorry for the potential double post)

New to duplicity and this looks like a cool project. I am planning to use it for backing up to blackblaze b2 storage which duplicity now support.

I have 3 questions :

- Does duplicity do global deduplication like zbackup (http://zbackup.org/) ?
(in that case changing filename, moving... does not affect deduplication)

- Does duplicity ever change or delete files  on the repo or does it only append like zbackup does ? zbackup list it as a feature : "Repository consists of immutable files. No existing files are ever modified"

- In case of b2 support (or other dumb remote) how much transfer is performed ?
I suppose duplicity need to download the full archive in order to perform its deduplication logic, or can it be smarter ?

Thanks