[Duplicity-talk] Deletion

From: explorer
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Deletion
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 23:12:41 -0500

I'm wondering how this scenario works:

Let's say I use Duplicity for incremental, daily backups (the default being 200MB parts). I don't use any deletion scheme on a day-to-day basis. Every six months, I want to delete redundant data that is older than one year.

I'm expecting it to keep adding files until I reach the "cleanup" stage (twice per year). At that point, it should remove old data that isn't relevant anymore (deleted or changed). Since there are volumes, I imagine some might be deleted and others, updated (or deleted and reconstructed).

Does this approach make sense with Duplicity? Am I on the right path?

Thanks!