Re: [Duplicity-talk] rebuild local index from remote backup?

From: Morgan Read
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] rebuild local index from remote backup?
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 13:37:51 +0000

Thank you Ken,
That's heartening to know.

If I can just clarify what has happened:
1) remote backup removed from remote location
2) local index and manifest not removed from local location re remote backup
3) duplicity cleaning up the local cache and reloading what it needs
from the remote - that is, nothing in the remote so nothing needed in
the local cache so local cache is eaten...!
And, what will happen:
a) remote backup returned to remote location
b) local index and manifest eaten and empty
c) duplicity will clean up the local cache (nothing to do) and reload
what it needs from the remote location - that is, all things should be
sweet in the rose garden once I've let duplicity do it's thing on the
remote backup

I will take a back up of the remote before pressing the go button, but
I think from what you say everything is okay?

Regards
Morgan