Re: [Duplicity-talk] Partially encrypted server, and modifying files dur

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Partially encrypted server, and modifying files during backup
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2020 10:15:51 -0500

Hi,

If you set temp and archive dirs, then nothing should go to your boot (system?) drive.

If files are added after backup starts they will be skipped until the next incremental.

If files are modified during backup it depends on read locking.  If the file is read locked it is skipped,  If unlocked the file will be backed up in whatever state it's in.  There is no checking for concurrent use at all, other than obeying read locks.

...Ken