[Duplicity-talk] Problem loading librsync lib module

From: MRob
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Problem loading librsync lib module
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 18:42:17 +0000

Hello,
Im trying to instal duplicity on old OS. Must do manual install librsync and old version of duplicity.
librsync is in /usr/local/lib
When run duplicity get this error:

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/duplicity/librsync.py", line 30, in <module>
    from . import _librsync
ImportError: librsync.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I know its not right solution but I tried copy /usr/local/lib/librsync.so (NOT librsync.so.2) into the duplicity install dir then I get this error:

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/duplicity/path.py", line 44, in <module>
    from duplicity import librsync
ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function (initlibrsync)

I also try go to duplicity source dir and execute compilec.py -- it's successful build, so I copy _librsync.so into duplictiy install dir but makes no difference.

Also tried install duplicity with
python setup.py install --librsync-dir=/usr/local/lib
But does not help

I know its old version but can i ask for some tip how i could face this error? Thank you!