Re: [Duplicity-talk] OSError: [Errno 24] Too many open files

From: Scott Hannahs
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] OSError: [Errno 24] Too many open files
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2020 17:06:27 -0400

What you can do, unless you need all 1000 versions of the file is to base the
incremental off the full.  You may have to write a script to move some file
names around, but if any of those 1000 files becomes corrupted then all
subsequent backups of that file will be gone.

You can do versions where you rebase the incrementals at some point in the past
(ie last week) again if you need all those changes then maybe duplicity is not
a good logging system.

-Scott