[Duplicity-talk] signature file size

From: Giuseppe Sacco
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] signature file size
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2020 13:15:42 +0200

Hello,
I am using duplicity in order to backup 4 large files. Once a week I do
a complete backup on a removable device and then move the device
elsewhere.

The difftar files are 500mb each and they are about 2300 in number. The
resulting signature file is more than 700Gb in size.

Is there any way to reduce the signature file size? Does it depends on
the data backed up or on the difftar file? Would its size change if I
set a different size for difftar files? Or, If I change a different GPG
signature algorithm?

Thank you,
Giuseppe