|Subject:||Re: [Duplicity-talk] Best Duplicity 8 backend for Google Drive?|
|Date:||Mon, 16 Aug 2021 15:35:38 -0700|
|User-agent:||Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:78.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/78.13.0|
All of our backends are written by volunteers, so I'm not the best one to answer.
- gdocs is 10 years old and some still use it (to be deprecated in 0.9.0).
- pydrive replaced gdocs 7 years ago and some still use it (to be deprecated in 0.9.0).
- gdrive replaced pydrive 5 months ago.As far as I know, all three still work, which is surprising since gdocs is deprecated by Google. I would suggest using gdrive.
A service account is for a team while a regular account is a normal Google user. I don't know any pros or cons.
No, My Drive folders do not need to be shared, they just need different addressing than shared.
Sorry, that's all I can think of at the moment, Hope it helps!
On Sun, Aug 15, 2021 at 12:23 AM zga9uhnq4g--- via Duplicity-talk <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
Looking at the duplicity 8 man page, it appears that there are several options for storing backups in Google Drive:_______________________________________________
Which of them should I expect to be the most reliable and efficient?
- pydrive://<service account’ email address>@developer.gserviceaccount.com/some_dir
- gdrive://<service account’ email address>@developer.gserviceaccount.com/some_dir
Searching duplicity-talk, I saw some indication that the gdocs API has been deprecated, which makes me leery of using it. The man page says "GDrive: is a rewritten PyDrive: backend ...", but I didn't see any mention of gdrive in duplicity-talk, so I'm not sure how widely it is being used.
I have a couple questions about the Notes on the Pydrive and Gdrive backends in the man page:
- What are pros and cons of using a service account versus a regular account?
- The Note on GDrive Backend only mentions using shared folders for 'My Drive', does that mean I can't store a duplicity backup in a non-shared folder?
Duplicity-talk mailing list
|[Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread]|