[Duplicity-talk] Enabling compression in a middle of a primary chain

From: Nathan MALO
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Enabling compression in a middle of a primary chain
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2023 15:26:31 +0100

Hello,

My backup strategy consists of making a master every 30days and then making incremental backups between masters.

I also have a multi backend : local disk and ftp with different retention policy.

Currently the ftp backend has one primary chain and two secondary ones. The local disk has one primary chain. The next master will be made in about three weeks.

I have always done my backups uncompressed encrypted.

Will there be any issue if I enable compression in the middle of the primary chain, or should I wait for the new master to be created ?

Thanks in advance,

Nate