dvdrtools-users

Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Sony DRU-500A: Cannot even burn DVD+/-Rs

From: A E Lawrence
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Sony DRU-500A: Cannot even burn DVD+/-Rs
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2003 16:56:54 +0000

Oh, and yes all linux cdrecord based DVD burntools have failed on my
Princo's. I've had it with these crap recordables, they will go to /dev/null :)

I am a bit confused by the reply above under this DRU-500A thread, but I can only say that I have had nothing but success with Bulkpaq cheap media (which are Princo, I believe). This is on both Pioneer DVD-104 and DVD105s.

I will post a report on my experiments with a new DVD-105 when I have collected more data. But so far everything is working fine. Bulkpak (x1) = Princo media works everytime as does cheap DRD-RW. Same experience on a DVD-104, but that is no news.

And Bulkpaq x2 was also OK, but so far I have only burned a single disc, so it is too early to draw general conclusions.

Perhaps I should have spawned a new thread here, but I am following up on the previous post.

ael