dvdrtools-users

Re: cheap media (was: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Pioneer-DVR-105 and economic

From: Felix Maibaum
Subject: Re: cheap media (was: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Pioneer-DVR-105 and economic media)
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 18:05:54 +0100

> where would one get such a hacked bios

www.google.com:

pioneer dvr 104 firmware

maybe add "hack" or "region" or "2x" if you get too many hits.

>  and does anyone here have
> experiences with it? Is it reasonably safe?

it works for me. I haven't had any problems so far. I am using a firmware that
allows 2x writing on all media, only downside is that it also forces 2x
writing on all media.
but then again I don't burn for DVD-video, just data, and none, not even the
cheapest media, have failed me so far.

bye

Felix