dvdrtools-users

[Dvdrtools-users] udf or iso9660

From: gabor
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] udf or iso9660
Date: 24 Jun 2003 22:48:05 +0200

hi,

i always used the 'standard' filesystem when burning dvds or cds.
 'mkisofs -J -r'.  as i know this means a iso9660 filesystem + a joliet
+ a rockridge one.

but now i keep hearing more and more about udf.

could someone summarize me in what is udf better than the usual 'mkisofs
-J -r' approach?

should i use udf and not iso9660+joliet+rockridge?

thanks,
gabor
--
"Don't worry. I used the back of my sword. Oh, it's double-sided.
Sorry." -Zelgadis, Slayers