edu-eu

[edu-eu] Re: [edu-team] country studies / school system overview

From: Bjoern Schiessle
Subject: [edu-eu] Re: [edu-team] country studies / school system overview
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 02:29:38 +0100

Hi Thomas,

Thomas Jensch <address@hidden> writes:
> since we are an european organisation, we need to get an overview about how
> the countries and regions handle ICT in the education branch.
> Please share insights from your country.
>
> How is the school system organised? Is it very hierachical so that the
> only way of sucess is to get in contact with the minister? Or could
> the headmasters decide about ICT quite freely?

In Germany it's afaik quite different between the different federal
states. Once a teacher form Baden Württemberg told me that the federal
ministry decides what software is used. On the other hand a teacher from
Berlin told me that they can decide mostly by their own.

Until now I have collected these links for Baden-Württemberg (German):

http://www.support-netz.de/kundenportal/dokumentationen/linux.html
http://lehrerfortbildung-bw.de/netz/muster/linux/material/basis/paedml/
http://lml.support-netz.de/trac/
http://www.linuxmuster.net/