edu-eu

Re: [edu-eu] Re: [edu-team] education activity flyer / arguments + infor

From: Yannis Corovesis
Subject: Re: [edu-eu] Re: [edu-team] education activity flyer / arguments + information
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 15:56:06 +0200

Hello, I made a run:

Both Internet and Free software (IFS) are significant phenomena of
contemporary Society
that require corresponding responses from our Education system. The
latter needs
to evolve to a state that is able to synchronize with such on-going events.

Internet and Free Software (IFS) are two platforms with unique
characteristics.
In addition to being solutions to problems set by Science and Technology
they constitute an outstanding case where Science is applied to production
giving rise to a new paradigm called "Peered Production".

Y. Benkler in his seminal paper "Coase's Penguin" shows the paradigm to
extend beyond the area of software to that of content production too.
Hence the relevance to Education is established.

How are the needed educational content and actors going to be created ?
The means of self-application is the only candidate since the speed of
evolution in tools
and methods of IFS do not allow any other option from the classic system.

Self-application means IFS became both the object as well as the subject
of Education.
IFS resemble Science in the way results are produced and knowledge gets
communicated. So it seems appropriate to deploy the tools and methods of
IFS in order to reproduce the "experiment" of IFS.

Yannis Corovesis