edu-eu

Re: [edu-eu] Free software in universities

From: JJ Merelo
Subject: Re: [edu-eu] Free software in universities
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 09:22:34 +0200

Hi,

2013/10/11 Guido Arnold <address@hidden>
Hello JJ,

On 10 October 2013 21:58, JJ Merelo <address@hidden> wrote:

> This is JJ Merelo, I head the Free Software Office at the University of
> Granada http://osl.ugr.es AFAIK, free software offices are a mostly Spanish
> phenomenon which are rarely found outside; I know about OSU-OSL in Oregon
> and a few more in the USA, but not any one in Europe. I would be interested
> in contacting official (or not) free software labs or offices in other
> European universities, mainly for networking and, who knows, apply for
> funding to create OS curricula, migration methodologies and whatever arises.

I like the idea of networking and jointly applying for funding very
much! What excactly do you mean by "FS offices"?

Free/Libre software "offices", that is, some university-level institutional support for free software.

I searched for the string "university" in our link collection [1] and
found the following links, but you may go through the list or search
for something else to find more.

Thanks for the links!

JJ