eev

Re: [eev] eev-math-glyphs.el

From: David O'Toole
Subject: Re: [eev] eev-math-glyphs.el
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 13:07:41 -0400

Hey Eduardo,

I tested out eev-math-glyphs today, in anticipation of beginning to
take math notes in raw text (and possibly TeXing them later, or
transforming them into webpages, etc.)

A couple random thoughts, sorry if this is incoherent.

1. My glyphs show up, but they are not face-ified or font-ified in any
   way. If they had face attributes I could customize them as with
   eev-glyph-face-green etc, but these don't seem to have it... what
   am I doing wrong?

2. As you know, I have spent the last few months encoding all my work
   notes, TODO, scheduling, and general knowledge into my
   howmweb. (hey group: check out http://howm.sourceforge.jp/ if you
   are curious about Howm, a great hypertext/organizer tool that I use
   in combination with eev.)

   I thought about extending the glyph set so that I could take notes
   and do exercises for the various books I'm working through (A
   Logical Approach to Discrete Math, etc) and add symbols as needed.

   I'm dimly aware that Unicode has a wide array of math
   symbols... would this be a better solution in the long run
   (esp. regarding interchange of "plaintext" math notes with
   non-emacs users?)

--
Dave O'Toole
address@hidden