eev

find-wget, find-wget-elisp, and 0x0

From: Eduardo Ochs
Subject: find-wget, find-wget-elisp, and 0x0
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2021 01:15:40 -0300

Hi list,

`find-wget' used to be a bad quick hack with no error checking -
that's no longer the case. See:

  http://angg.twu.net/eev-current/eev-plinks.el.html#find-wget

Also, now we have variants with "a" that use `ee-goto-anchor' instead
of `ee-goto-position', and variants with "-elisp" that put the
buffer with the downloaded stuff in emacs-lisp-mode. Try:

  (setq my-url "http://angg.twu.net/eev-current/eev-plinks.el";)
  (find-wget        my-url "find-wget")
  (find-wgeta       my-url "find-wget")
  (find-wget-elisp  my-url "find-wget")
  (find-wgeta-elisp my-url "find-wget")

This can also be used to point to files in git repositories... try:

  (setq my-url "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/edrx/eev/UTF-8/eev-plinks.el";)
  (find-wget        my-url "find-wget")
  (find-wgeta       my-url "find-wget")
  (find-wget-elisp  my-url "find-wget")
  (find-wgeta-elisp my-url "find-wget")

and it can also by used on IRC, to share elisp snippets. I use the
package `0x0' from MELPA, and I have a function called `u0' - that
means "upload the current region to https://0x0.st with 0x0 and show
some elisp hyperlinks". The source code for u0 is here:

  (find-wgeta-elisp "http://angg.twu.net/.emacs.templates"; "u0")
  http://angg.twu.net/.emacs.templates.html#u0

The temporary buffer that `u0' shows has a header and then some links
like these:

  (find-wget "https://0x0.st/-JH1.bin";)
  (find-wget-elisp "https://0x0.st/-JH1.bin";)

I tested this in an IRC session with Erich Ruff yesterday and it was
FANTASTIC - the best way to share elisp snippets EVER. =)

  Cheers =),
    Eduardo Ochs
    http://angg.twu.net/#eev