eev

Re: Happy to see mailing list for EEV

From: Eduardo Ochs
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2022 08:43:17 -0300

On Tue, 27 Dec 2022 at 07:22, Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Great to see EEV mailing list.
>
> Here is my article related to EEV:
>
> Comparison of `rcd-template-eval` with `eev-template0.el`:
> https://hyperscope.link/3/7/1/4/9/Comparison-of-rcd-template-eval-with-eev-template0-el-37149.html

Hi Jean Louis!

Thanks! I just found two nice ways to test rcd-template.el from eev...
In the way I ran this to open rcd-template.el in a temporary buffer:

  (find-wget-elisp "https://gnu.support/files/sources/rcd-template.el";)

then I inserted these two lines in that temporary buffer and executed
them with `M-e':

  ;; (eval-buffer)
  ;; (find-2a nil '(rcd-template-buffer-preview))

In the second way I downloaded a local copy of your rcd-template.el
with `M-x brep' - see (find-psne-intro) - and then I modified my local
copy by adding this to its comments:

  ;;; Comments by Edrx

  ;; To test this with eev, run this:
  ;;   (find-psne-links
"https://gnu.support/files/sources/rcd-template.el"; "-N")
  ;; and then:
  ;;   (find-fline "$S/https/gnu.support/files/sources/rcd-template.el")
  ;;   (load (buffer-file-name))
  ;;   (find-2a nil '(rcd-template-buffer-preview))
  ;;
  ;; See this thread:
  ;;   https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/eev/2022-12/msg00027.html

I sort of pretended that you had added those comments to
rcd-template.el yourself...

...and then I could test your rcd-template.el - but still in a very
superficial way! - by just typing `M-e's in the right places.

`find-2a' is explained here:

  (find-multiwindow-intro "3. High-level words")

More soon!
  Cheers =),
    Eduardo