eev

Re: Better inform users about F8

From: Eduardo Ochs
Subject: Re: Better inform users about F8
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2023 17:39:08 -0300

On Sun, 1 Jan 2023 at 13:54, Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> wrote:

> When user runs eev-beginner there is this link below, it generates
> buffer, helps user to download video, but if video is not in "snarf"
> then there is no explanation that user has to press F8 to run those
> functions

Hi Jean Louis,

oops, I only saw your message now...

My reasoning was that people who had already installed eev and were
running M-x eev-beginner would skip the section on installation, so
that section was more for people who were reading the htmlized
version, at:

  http://angg.twu.net/eev-intros/find-eev-quick-intro.html

About the "and watch what is happening": I've had the opportunity to
watch real beginners trying eev just a few times, and in most of these
times what I saw was that their ability to not understand what was
happening was beyond my wildest dreams... it was REALLY SCARY. So I
prefer to think that nowadays "real beginners" will start by the
videos.

If you try to teach eev to beginners please tell me what happens, but
until then let's leave that introduction unchanged... =(

  Cheers, E.