eev

What are "logs" for me?

From: Eduardo Ochs
Subject: What are "logs" for me?
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2023 21:55:20 -0300

Hi Jean,

This is a partial answer to:

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/eev/2023-01/msg00012.html

There you said:

> I have feeling that you may thinkg of "logs" as something else then
> what I think.
>
> My logs look similarly like this:
> (...)

My logs are in many places - a part in my ~/TODO, a part in my main
Org file, and parts in places that are "more specific". For example,
in the last few three days I worked mainly on revising an article - my
notes on that are not public - and on these things, that are public:

  1. The six videos of the workshop about saving links were nearly
     unusable without subtitles. Now that they have subtitles I'm
     trying to make their subtitle files easier to read by people who
     don't want to watch the videos, and I've restructured
     (find-saving-links-intro) a few times, but many more
     restructurings and rewritings are still needed. I also added a
     few more features to Subtitles.lua. Links:

       (find-saving-links-intro)
       (find-angg "LUA/Subtitles.lua")
       (find-1stclassvideolsubs "2021workshop1")
       (find-1stclassvideolsubs "2021workshop2")
       (find-1stclassvideolsubs "2021workshop3")
       (find-1stclassvideolsubs "2021workshop4")
       (find-1stclassvideolsubs "2021workshop5")
       (find-1stclassvideolsubs "2021workshop6")

  2. Right now my htmlizer doesn't have a good way to convert an id
     for a video, like "2021workshop1", to its corresponding
     "mp4stem", that in this case is "2021-workshop-1". The best way
     to make that conversion is to have Lua functions that parse the
     list of first-class videos. I _almost_ have a parser in Lua that
     can parse that, but it uses "pure LPeg" and its grammar is bigger
     than it should. It seems that the right way to go would be to use
     lpegrex, so I went back to my notes about lpegrex - I started
     studying it in march/2022 - and I'm trying to decypher more of
     its examples, and write more tests. I also enhanced my quickref
     for lpeg a bit. Links:

       (find-eev "eev-videolinks.el" "ee-1stclassvideos-info")
       (find-es "lpeg" "lpeg-quickref")
       (find-es "lpeg" "lpegrex")
       (find-es "lpeg" "lpegrex-json")
       (find-angg "LUA/Lisp1.lua")
       (find-angg "LUA/Lisp2.lua")

The intro, the subtitle files, the files with "real" Lua code, and the
notes on lpeg and its variants in (find-es "lpeg") are not logs in the
usual sense, but are places into which I've been saving new hyperlinks
and sometimes new pieces of text in English or new snippets of code.

  Cheers,
    Eduardo