Re: [emacs-bidi] R2L braille?

From: TAKAHASHI Naoto
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] R2L braille?
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 17:43:31 +0900 (JST)

Thank you for answering my naive question.  It turned out that Hebrew,
Farsi and Arabic braille are all L2R.

Let me answer before you ask.  No, Japanese braille is not written
vertically (AFAIK).  It is L2R, too.  And no, ordinary Japanese
braille does not contain thousands of characters; it contains only
syllabic alphabets.  There are some attempts to represent ideographic
characters using combinations of two or three braille symbols, but
they are not widely used.

--
TAKAHASHI Naoto
address@hidden