Re: [emacs-bidi] bidi categories

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] bidi categories
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 23:49:41 +0100

"Ehud Karni" <address@hidden> writes:

> I have serious doubts about the symmetry between visual-to-logical
> and logical-to-visual conversion when various separators are used
> (without formatting characters).

I will try one more thing first: In rules W1, W2, and W7 the direction
is important.  I have a hunch that perhaps when doing the
visual-to-logical conversion these rules must be applied as well, but
"previous" must be replaced by "following" -- thus reversing the
string, applying all the rules, and reversing it back, should give
better results.  I'm not sure though, I'll take a look at it tomorrow.

Alex.
--
http://www.emacswiki.org/