Re: [emacs-bidi] Setting text direction for each line

From: Ali Shirvani
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] Setting text direction for each line
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2019 20:13:34 +0430

My Emacs version is 26.2 and here is my .emcas file content:

(setq bidi-paragraph-start-re "^")
(setq bidi-paragraph-separate-re "^")

And the output is attached.

Regards,
Ali

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 7:31 PM Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> From: Ali Shirvani <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2019 19:07:10 +0430
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> Thanks for your comment, I used this method but it works only if there exist one empty line between
> paragraphs.

Not if you have Emacs 26.1 or later.  Are you sure your Emacs version
is 26 or later?

> I need to set direction for consecutive lines such as follow:
>
> This is a LTR line
> این متن راست به چپ است.

This works for me in Emacs 26.2, after I set the two variables to "^":
the first line is displayed starting at the left boundary of the
window, the second line is displayed starting at the right boundary.