Re: mode-line face

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: mode-line face
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 14:14:56 +0100

I was planning to raise this, prompted by the screenshots, but just
for space saving, not prettiness.  I wasn't planning to give it extra
height.  The trouble with `variable-pitch' is that Helvetica doesn't
seem to me to work very well.  Particularly the dashes are too short,
so that the mode line looks odd.

I currently have it (and `menu') using Lucida, which looks better to
me, but I'm using Lucida Typewriter for the default face anyway.

I wondered whether the dashes could be arranged to be always in a
fixed pitch face so that they do join up.